- Power washing is an excellent way to clean your residential property.
- The method delivers exemplary results and ensures your property is clean and spot-free in no time.
- There is debate surrounding the right season for power washing.
- Regardless of the season, you should call power washing professionals if you choose to power wash your home.
- Elite Custom Painting and Remodeling offers exemplary power washing services that can revamp your exterior.
It’s that time of year again when homeowners have to indulge in home maintenance. Should you get the windows replaced before winter sets in, or wait until spring? Should you seal the driveway before the snow falls or put it off until the weather cooperates? One question that’s often debated is when to power wash your house: in the spring, when all the pollen and freshly fallen leaves are gunking up your siding, or in the fall, after months of baking in the sun and rain? So, which is it – should you power wash your home this spring or fall? Let’s take a look at both options.
Benefits of Power Washing
Power washing may seem tedious and time-consuming, but it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to give your home a much-needed facelift. Not to mention, it’s also an affordable method of boosting your home’s curb appeal. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to spruce up your home this spring, power washing is the way to go!
In addition to being quick and easy, power washing has several other benefits that make it well worth the effort. It removes all the dirt, grime, and pollen that built up on your home over the winter months. Not only does this make your home look cleaner, but it also helps protect your siding from damage caused by these elements.
Power washing removes any mold or mildew that may have developed on your siding or deck over the winter. This is important because mold and mildew can cause severe damage to your home if left untreated. You can prevent further damage by power washing these areas of your home.
Finally, power washing is the first step to painting or staining your home this spring. This is because power washing removes any loose paint or stains on your siding, giving the new paint or stain a clean surface to adhere to.
Also, Read – Signs Your Home Structure’s Compromised
5 Reasons You Should Power Wash During Fall
Power washing your home in the fall is an essential part of home maintenance that many overlook. Here are five reasons why you should power wash your home in the fall:
- Debris can accumulate in gutters during spring and summer, clogging them and causing damage to your sidings. You can remove all that debris by power washing in the fall and keep your gutters clear and your sidings looking good.
- Clogged gutters can cause water to back up and seep under your shingles, leading to leaks and water damage. Thorough power washing will remove debris obstructing your gutters and keep them clear all winter.
- The leaves, pollen, and other debris accumulating on your siding during spring and summer can leave behind stubborn stains. A power wash in the fall will remove those stains and make your siding look new.
- Fall provides an ideal temperature for power washing. Not too hot, not too cold – just perfect for getting rid of all that unwanted dirt and grime.
Why Should You Power Wash during Summer or Spring?
Your home could do with some TLC during the summer season. Here’s why power washing makes sense during the spring or summer season.
- Get Rid of All that Winter Grime – We all know how gross winter can be. Your house is constantly covered in grime between the snow, slush, and salt. A good power washing will eliminate all that winter gunk and leave your home looking shiny and new again.
- Give Your Home a Pick-Me-Up – Let’s face it, after being cooped up indoors for months, your home could use a little pick-me-up. Power washing is the perfect way to give your place a fresh start for the summer.
- Preventative Maintenance – Not only does power washing make your home look great, but it also helps to prolong the life of your siding, deck, and other exterior features. By giving them a good cleaning now, you’ll be able to enjoy them for years to come.
The Perils of Power Washing Your Home Yourself
Before you break out the garden hose and pressure washer, you might think twice about DIY power washing your home. While power washing your home might seem like a good idea, there are quite a few risks involved. Here are just a few of the dangers associated with DIY power washing your home:
1. You could damage your property.
Pressure washing your home is not as simple as pointing the nozzle at your siding and pulling the trigger. If you’re not careful, you could damage your siding, break windows, or worse. That’s why it’s always best to leave this work to the professionals.
2. You could injure yourself – or someone else.
Power washers are mighty machines. If you’re not careful, you could easily injure yourself – or someone else – with the high-pressure stream of water. Again, this is best left to those who know what they’re doing.
3. You might not get the results you were hoping for.
Even if you manage to avoid damaging your property or injuring yourself, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be happy with the results of your DIY power washing job. Chances are that you’ll be disappointed with your home’s appearance after you’ve finished power washing it yourself. Why take the risk when you can hire a professional who guarantees your satisfaction with the results?
If you’re still on the fence about power-washing your home in the spring or fall, remember that Elite Custom Painting and Remodeling will help no matter what season you choose. We’ll ensure your house is clean from top to bottom and do it at an unbeatable price. Please request a free estimate today and see why we’re Great Falls’ premier power washing company.